High Intensity Focused Ultrasound commonly called as HIFU, is an anti-ageing skin lifting treatment especially for face and neck. Ultrasonic waves similar to the ones we use in a USG machine are used. The intensity is much more and these waves are focused on the dermal layers of the skin and the deeper dermal layers. When these waves pass through the skin they create heat and this heat stimulates a controlled tissue damage that further leads to NeoCollagenosis. This new collagen formation leads to a firming of previously loose skin therefore improving the appearance of that part of skin.
The effects are seen within a month and last quite a long time. It can last 8 – 12 months or more depending on the individual’s lifestyle. It is advised to get the repeat session done at least once every 6 months but not more than 3 times in a year. This would further depend on how the client responds to the first session. In cases of very bulky faces or very sensitive skin, a second treatment may need to be given after 2 months. Gradual improvement is seen over 1 to 2 months. The procedure takes around 90 minutes execute (Including topical anesthesia)
INDICATIONS FOR HIFU:
• Sagging Skin – Facial, Abdomen
• Eye brow lift
• Jaw line correction
• Double chin
• Neck wrinkles
• Face firming
Will HIFU be effective for me?
HIFU is effective on individuals with mild to moderate skin and soft tissue laxity, bulky face where the jaw line has lost its definition, mild eyebrow sag and wrinkles around the neck.
Area over thyroid cannot be treated by HIFU.
Smokers and people with excessive sun damage may not get adequate results.
What kind of Post Care will need to be done?
• It is recommended not to wash the face with hot water for 24 hours after treatment.
• It is recommended to avoid excessive exercise, sweating, hot baths, and saunas for five days after treatment.
• Protect the skin from the UV rays / sunlight and moisturize the skin sufficiently for 15 days after treatment, do not use peeling agents or facials.
• Highly recommended to apply moisturizing cream and regeneration cream to the treated area every day
• Application of sunscreen is mandatory